OUR LADY OF MEDJUGORJE‟S MESSAGE OF APRIL 25, 2011
“Dear children! As nature gives the most beautiful colors of the year, I also call you to witness with your life and to help others to draw closer to my Immaculate Heart, so that the flame of love for the Most High may
sprout in their hearts. I am with you and I unceasingly pray for you that your life may be a reflection of
Heaven here on earth. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
May is the Month We Honor Our Mother
A. May is Dedicated to Mary.
- Our Mother. Mother’s Day is such a very special occasion. It is the day when all the children come bringing bouquets of roses to the one they love so much. And a mother is never more happy when all her children are gathered around her as family. Our Blessed Mother is a little distraught because all her children are not with her, and she is asking each one of us to go out and bring her wandering children to her.
- At the Annunciation. When Our Blessed Mother conceived Jesus with such eminent faith and love, she also conceived at the same time all the members of the Mystical Body of Christ. Lumen Gentium points this out (c. 8 #53) by quoting St. Augustine: “She (Mary) is clearly the Mother of the members of Christ.” She is truly our Mother and all her children belong to her in a very special way.
- And on Calvary. Jesus made this very explicit when, from the Cross, He said: “Woman behold your son.” And to John, who represented each one of us: “Son, behold your Mother.” And John took her into his home.
- Who Loves us so Tenderly. Our Mother suffered excruciating pain in the loss of her Son on Calvary, and Jesus filled the loss by placing us in her heart. The amazing mystery is that in her faith and charity she accepted us and transferred all her attention, care and affection on us with the same intensity that she placed on Jesus.
- And Wants to Form Us in the image of her Son so that we might work with her for the salvation of all.
B. Witness with Your Life.
- By Living Your Consecration. Pope John Paul II is the only Pope I know who said that Consecration is an absolute necessity for everyone, because, he said, a child is obliged to get to know and experience his mother. By consecrating ourselves to Mary, we entrust ourselves to the loving care and affection of Our Lady and we do this totally and forever.
- Under Her Guidance. Our Lady reminds us that once consecrated to her, we cannot make any decisions on our own. We are to consult her at every turn and follow her advice with docility and complete fidelity.
- And in Union with Her. Our Lady said that little infants have their eyes glued on their mother always and they depend on her for everything.
- With True Devotion. The saints say five characteristics make up true devotion.
- Respect and Esteem for the excellence of Our Mother – and what a Mother we have! – with the marvels of her magnificent privileges and attributes.
- Confidence and Trust. Mary is the Mother of God – what a powerful intercessor we have! And she is so anxious to pour out on us the manifestations of her goodness, love and mercy.
- Love and Devotedness. She keeps insisting that she loves us with an infinite love and begs us to please open our hearts to her.
- Imitation of Her Virtues. Our Lady is crowned with twelve magnificent virtues: renunciation of the world, self-abnegation, silence, recollection, faith, humility, dedication to the Word, obedience, love of God love of neighbor, mercy and compassion.
- e. Zeal in promoting knowledge and love of Mary and promoting her interests.
C. Help Others Come Close to My Immaculate Heart.
- By the power of example – your loving devotedness to me.
- By leading others to consecrate themselves to me.
- By inviting others to pray the Rosary with you.
- By leading them to join a prayer group.
- By emphasizing the importance of praying in union with me, especially at Holy Mass and in reciting the Rosary.
- By encouraging them to live in My Heart by a constant union of hearts.
- By having them walk with me and talk with me throughout the day.
- By reminding them to consult me before making decisions.
- By telling them to ask me for any graces or favors they need.
- By insisting that I love them very much.